COVID-19: Visitor Policy to Gavilon Facilities
At Gavilon, we remain committed to helping nourish and sustain the global supply chain, and, amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we understand the work we do now is as important as ever. Effective immediately, we will be taking steps that will help limit the exposure of COVID-19 and protect our employees, producers, drivers, contractors and visitors. While some of these steps may be new or unprecedented, we believe these are necessary to protect both supply and demand, but most importantly, the people we work with every day. We appreciate your support.
For our part, we are increasing the regularity of existing disinfectant cleanings, let some staff work remotely when possible, and increase the social distance between ourselves and anyone else who enters our facility.
Before any guest (non-employee) can enter our facilities or common areas, we will ask everyone to answer these questions:
- Have you traveled outside the United States or to a restricted country (CDC-recognized Level 3 area) in the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced or are you experiencing symptoms similar to COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath)?
- Have you been in close contact (3 feet) to someone who has traveled to a restricted country or area within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact (3 feet) with someone who exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath) in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact (3 feet) with someone confirmed to have the COVID-19 virus?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, you will be required to contact a Gavilon employee and disclose that information before entry.
Additionally, we are making policy changes that could affect you. Please review the below changes.
- We are asking all drivers to operate their hoppers and trucks on their own without assistance from our staff. We hope this creates more social distance and keep you and our employees safe.
- Stay in your trucks as much as possible. Reduce personal interactions with Gavilon staff both inside and outside our offices.
- Use MyGavilon or reduce frequency of picking up tickets or physical documents. MyGavilon will have information that you can print, or our staff will store several items together when needed for you to pick up all at once.
- Call to discuss payment options instead of picking up physical checks.
- Minimize the frequency and timeframe you are in common areas with Gavilon employees.
- Certain areas will be restricted to maintain social distance. Contact location management with any questions.
- Call ahead to let us know you are coming and announce yourself to staff when arriving to minimize time in the office.
- Work with Gavilon staff to create and/or designate common spaces like breakrooms and meeting areas. Decreasing shared spaces will help keep both groups safer and healthier.
- Work with Gavilon staff to minimize in-office time.
These steps and recommendations were not made lightly. We know this may mean big changes in your process, but we appreciate your participation and help in reducing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping all employees and guests as safe as possible.
In the event of a timely or critical need, our employees will be here to serve you and meet your needs, however, we do appreciate your flexibility during these uncertain times.
Contact your local Gavilon management for any further questions.