Our story continues
Gavilon's history dates back to 1874 when Peavey Company built its first grain facility in Sioux City, Iowa. Plenty has changed since then. Industries have transformed. Business is transacted across the globe. But one thing hasn’t changed: the hardworking spirit that has permeated our company for nearly 140 years.
|1874:||F.H. Peavey & Company is founded in Sioux City, Iowa.|
The company's name is changed to Peavey Company.
The company goes public.
Peavey Company is acquired by ConAgra Foods, Inc., making Peavey the largest publicly held grain merchandiser. The company later becomes part of ConAgra Trade Group.
A group of investors forms Gavilon and acquires ConAgra Trade Group. The acquisition enables the privately held company to focus on its commodity business.
Gavilon acquires DeBruce Companies, significantly expanding its agricultural operations.
|2013:||Marubeni Corporation acquires Gavilon's agriculture business.|